3 cups (750 mL) uncooked instant brown rice
2 1/4 cups (550 mL) water
- Coconut Sauce
1 cup (250 mL) lite coconut milk (shake before opening)
1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) Asian Seasoning Mix
2 tbsp (30 mL) creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp (30 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- Vegetables & Toppings
3 medium carrots, peeled
2 medium yellow squash
2 medium zucchini
1 medium red bell pepper
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen shelled edamame, thawed
1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
4 garlic cloves
1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup (75 mL) lightly salted dry roasted peanuts
- Combine rice and water in Rice Cooker Plus; microwave, covered, on HIGH 12 minutes. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut sauce ingredients; set aside.
- Using Veggie Strip Maker, grate carrots, squash and zucchini into long strips (be careful to avoid the seeds with zucchini and squash) over large Glass Mixing Bowl (see cook’s tips).
- Cut off ends of bell pepper; cut into four pieces to separate from seeds; cut pieces in half. Slice bell pepper with Spiral & Slice over mixing bowl. Add edamame to bowl; toss vegetables thoroughly with Large Chef’s Tongs.
- Heat oil in Stir-Fry Skillet or 12” (30-cm) Skillet over medium heat 3–5 minutes. Press garlic into Skillet with Garlic Press; cook and stir 30–45 seconds or until fragrant. Whisk coconut sauce and add to Skillet, stir until thickened (less than 1 minute).
- Add vegetables to Skillet; toss well to coat. Cook, uncovered, 3–6 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften and mixture is heated through, stirring frequently.
- Place basil in 1-cup (250-mL) Prep Bowl; snip with Professional Shears. Chop peanuts with Food Chopper. Remove Skillet from heat. Top with basil and peanuts. Serve immediately over rice.
servings of 6 ½ cup/125 mL rice and 1 cup/250 mL vegetables
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 380, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 280 mg, Carbohydrate 52 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 15 g
The Veggie Strip Maker can create either short or long strips. For this recipe, grate the vegetables into long strips by holding them parallel to the surface grates. Use long strokes instead of short strokes. See step 3.
You may use leftover coconut milk in smoothies or stir it into oatmeal. Freeze in Herb Freezing Tray until ready to use.
You may add 12 oz (350 g) diced cooked chicken to the stir-fry.