- Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 3/4 pound petite new potatoes (10-12)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
- 6 large green onions
- 1 package (1 pound) cooked bratwurst (5-6 sausages)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. For mustard sauce, mix mayonnaise and mustard in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For kebabs, cut potatoes in half using Crinkle Cutter. Place potatoes and water in Large Micro-Cooker®; cover. Microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes, just until potatoes are fork-tender; drain. Drizzle with oil. Add garlic pressed with Garlic Press and seasonings; mix gently using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®.
- Trim root ends from green onions. Cut 24 pieces, each 2 inches long. Reserve green tops for another use. Add onions to potatoes and toss gently.
- Cut bratwurst diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Alternately thread bratwurst, potatoes, onions and cherry tomatoes onto six 12-inch skewers.
- Grill kebabs, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until bratwurst is browned, turning frequently using BBQ Tongs. Serve kebabs with mustard sauce.
6 servings of
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 370, Total Fat 28 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 52 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g, Protein 13 g, Sodium 610 mg, Fiber 2 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 starch, 1 1/2 meat, 4 fat (1 carb)
For extra convenience, this recipe calls for precooked bratwurst. If you prefer to use fresh bratwurst, you’ll need to cook the sausages before skewering. To cook fresh bratwurst before grilling, prick sausages several times. Place in (10-in.) Skillet with 3 cups water and 1 medium onion, cut into wedges. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Remove bratwurst from skillet using Chef’s Tongs; cool slightly and proceed as recipe directs.
Precooked smoked sausage is another type of sausage that can be used in this recipe.
If you use wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before using to prevent burning.