- 4 slices American cheese
- 1½ lbs (700 g) 85% lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp (2 mL) garlic salt
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Optional toppings: crisply cooked bacon slices, dill pickle slices, tomato slices, lettuce leaves, red onion slices, or avocado slices
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (400–450°F/200–230°C).
- Cut each cheese slice into quarters. Stack the pieces on top of each other to form 4 stacks and set aside.
- Combine the ground beef and Worcestershire sauce in a large mixing bowl and mix gently until thoroughly combined. Divide the meat mixture into 8 portions. Using the Burger & Slider Press, press the mixture into patties.
- Place one stack of cheese in the center of 4 of the patties. Top with a second patty and pinch the edges to form a tight seal. Sprinkle the outside of the patties with garlic salt.
- Grill the burgers, covered, for 10–11 minutes, flipping once, or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F (60°C) for medium doneness.
- Place the burgers on the buns. Serve with condiments and toppings.
- 4 burgers
1 servings of sandwich
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 570, Total Fat 34 g, Saturated Fat 16 g, Cholesterol 130 mg, Sodium 760 mg, Carbohydrate 22 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 41 g