3 slices bacon2 green onions, divided2 lbs (1 kg) unpeeled russet potatoes, cut into 1-in (2.5-cm) pieces (about 4-5 medium potatoes)1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken stock1/2 cup (125 mL) 2% plain low-fat Greek yogurt1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt1/8 tsp (.5 mL) black pepper2 oz (60 g) sharp cheddar cheese, grated (1/2 cup/125 mL)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Slice bacon crosswise into ¼-in. (6-mm) slices. Cook bacon in Rockcrok® (2-qt./1.9-L) Casserole over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, slice green onions. Reserve 1 tbsp (15 mL) green tops for garnish. Remove bacon to paper towel-lined plate (do not drain drippings); set aside.
- Place potatoes, stock and remaining onion bottoms into Casserole. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are very tender, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Remove Casserole from microwave. Add yogurt, salt and pepper to potatoes. Using Mix ‘N Chunk, coarsely mash and mix potatoes until well blended.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Remove Casserole from oven. Top with bacon and reserved green onions.
10 servings of (½ cup/125 mL)