- 4 medium Granny Smith apples (about 2 lbs/1 kg)
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Korintje Cinnamon
- Cinnamon Buns & Glaze
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 pkg (8 oz or 235 g) seamless crescent dough
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). For filling, cut apples lengthwise around the core into 4 pieces with Utility Knife. Cut pieces in half lengthwise. Using Simple Slicer on #3 setting, slice over Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl.
- Zest lemon with Microplane® Zester to measure 1 tsp (5 mL). Juice lemon with Juicer to measure 2 tbsp (30 mL). Add zest, juice and remaining filling ingredients to mixing bowl; mix well with Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Place in Medium Rectangular Baker. (Baker will be very full, but it will cook down.)
- For cinnamon buns, place butter in (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted; set aside.
- Place baker in microwave. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 7 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Unroll dough onto flat side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Brush with melted butter using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush. Combine 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar and 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon in Flour/Sugar Shaker; sprinkle evenly over dough.
- Starting on the long side, roll dough into a tight log, pinching seams to seal. Using Pizza Cutter, cut dough into twenty (½-in./1-cm-thick) slices.
- Using Silicone Oven Mitts, carefully remove baker from microwave. Sprinkle with pecans (if using). Top with dough slices (cut-side down). Bake, uncovered, 15-17 minutes or until buns are golden brown and apples are tender.
- Meanwhile in (2-cup/500-mL) Prep Bowl, mix powdered sugar and milk with Mini Mix ‘N Scraper® until well blended. (Icing will be thick.) Spoon into small resealable plastic bag. Trim a small corner off the bag; drizzle over cinnamon buns. Serve warm.
10 servings of
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 170 mg, Carbohydrate 47 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g