- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5-6 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium acorn squash (1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 medium Braeburn or Rome Beauty apples
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 6 pitted prunes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Turkey drippings
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Trim excess fat from turkey with Professional Shears. Place in Rectangular Baker. Combine 2 tablespoons of the melted butter, 1 teaspoon of the sage, salt and black pepper; brush over turkey using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush.
- Carefully pierce rind of squash in 4-5 places using Chef’s Knife. Microwave squash on HIGH 1 minute. Trim off ends; cut lengthwise in half and remove seeds. Cut crosswise into 1-inch slices using Crinkle Cutter. Place in Stainless (6-qt.) Mixing Bowl. Core apples with The Corer™. Cut each apple crosswise in half. Cut onion into thick wedges. Add apples, onion and prunes to bowl. Add combined remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon sage; stir to coat using Mix ‘N Scraper®. Add brown sugar; mix well.
- Surround turkey with vegetables and fruit. Cover with Rectangular Lid/Bowl or heavy duty aluminum foil. Bake 1 hour. Using Oven Mitts, carefully remove Lid/Bowl from Baker, lifting away from you. Continue baking turkey, vegetables and fruit, uncovered, 30-45 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 170°F in thickest part of turkey breast and juices run clear. Remove turkey; let stand 10 minutes before carving. Remove vegetables and fruit; keep warm.
- For gravy, strain drippings; skim off fat and discard. Pour drippings (about 3/4 cup) into (1.5-qt.) Saucepan; add Worcestershire sauce. Mix cornstarch and water; stir into drippings using Nylon Spiral Whisk. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Season to taste.
- Carve half of turkey into slices; serve with vegetables, fruit and gravy. Cut remaining turkey into cubes. Refrigerate 2 cups cubes for up to 4 days for use in Home-Style Turkey Hash. Freeze remaining turkey cubes for up to 3 months for another use.
6 servings of
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 340, Fat 10 g, Sodium 1930 mg, Dietary Fiber 7 g